Monday, January 24, 2011

New Year ~ New You! (Step B)

So it looks like if I had to write something down under the "What is your New Year's Resolution" section of life, I would just lump one big, generic title: Do things in small steps.
Because how many of us see the big picture, but do not know how to get there? ME! So like yesterday, all I had time for was a small segment of writing. I made that my small step A. And now moving to B.
I feel if I identify a goal, write it down, and then map it out....well then things might actually happen BY me this year.
Ex: New Me (i.e. New Me Shape). I am taking place in a friend's friendly weight loss competition. A bit embarrasing since the posting of pictures on our Facebook group page is involved. But if I don't tell others my goal, it won't happen. If I don't motivate myself with my present body shape pictures, then I will be less likely to go to the next day. The next step. How am I going to get to my New Shape? Well, I haven't exactly made my exercise plan yet. The flip side to making goals is to plan the course. And that involves sitting down and doing it. Which is also a challenge for me.
So, let's just start here:
Today - Monday 1/24/11 I am going to work out to my Jillian Michael's DVD. It's only 20 minutes...but I am going from "0" minutes. So I think I will be doing good.
Spiritual goals: I have been getting up early and starting my day off with worship music. That is making a difference in me. I can tell. I then read the Word. I need to stick to one study. Hmmmm.
Ok.. this is good for Step B. I think I will go apply step B to my life now!

No comments:

Post a Comment