Friday, January 28, 2011

"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?"

Here's the spaghetti trail:
Noodle A: Going through my morning devotional : Mission On Motherhood (thank you Debi Miller about 3 years ago on that one!). There was a challenge issued to get alone with God for some personal planning time. In that time, write down your goals for each child. "Consider how you are falling short of your goals. (notice she did not say "if you are"). Plan specifically how you can do better and what you need to do to move toward your goal. Then spend time in prayer, commiting it to the Lord." (pg 18).
Which lead to noodle B: I remember reading about a prayer guide in the Modsquad Facebook blog on how to pray daily for your daughter. (www.modsquadblog.com)

Which ran over Noodle C: Yesterdays blog on "Each day being a gift"....lead into my WHOLE LAST WEEK about God speaking to me about each day being a gift...which overlapped the next noodle about how how if me, being just a mortal being, could give good gifts, why is it that I think God is not going to give me good gifts. (Read Matthew 7: 4-14). Which collided with Noodle "Ask and it shall be given to you.... ... How much more will your father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask."

So today is a gift from God. My children are a gift from God. What am I going to do about it?
I know I can start by "asking" for more direction on how to handle such gifts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment